Safe trail riding lessons package (available all year)
A series of three lessons of approximately 1.5 hours each in duration where you will learn the ins and outs of safe trail riding
and the basic riding techniques that you will need
to know. Suitable for beginner riders or anyone with some riding experience.
Each safe trail riding lesson is approximately 1.5 hours in duration and a horse is provided.
All lessons are held in a riding ring for your safety.
afternoon or evening classes are usually available on weekdays or weekends.
On completion of the Safe Trail Riding package of lessons you will be competent in controlling your horse in many
situations encountered on the trails.
We do not offer trail riding excursions for larger groups.
- Learn grooming, saddling and bridling your horse, mounting and dismounting, steering and stopping, turning
your horse and asking your horse to go forward.
- Learn safe practices around horses and horse handling.
- Learn about the horse's nature and how the horse is a very good partner for trail riding
- Prepare your horse for a fun 'practice' trail excursion in a controlled environment where you will utilize the
basic riding skills to ride confidently.
- Learn to handle problematic
situations in a fun and safe environment.
- Learn and practice trail riding etiquette.
- Learn safe riding on the trails with unexpected situations and how to maintain control and stay safe.